The Honour Awards is an annual event which acknowledges outstanding service to, or achievement within NSW’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) community.
Now in their tenth year, the Honour Awards provides NSW’s LGBTI community with an important opportunity to recognise excellence, and celebrate achievement within our community, as well as the difference that particular community members make in our lives.
(NEW) Community Stars Set to Shine At Honour Awards
Some of the LGBTI* community’s favourite folk will be attending this year’s Honour Awards to recognise outstanding achievements within or contributions to NSW's LGBTI community. READ MORE
HONOUR AWARDS 2016 - FINALISTS ANNOUNCED
The 34 finalists were selected from over 170 nominations received across eight categories covering business, health, education, community, legal, political, media and cultural sectors.
The winners will be presented with a range of gifts and prizes at a gala ceremony and cocktail party at the Ivy Ballroom in Sydney on Thursday 29 September. Click here for the latest news & full list of our finalists.
Guests celebrate at the 2015 Honour Awards
Join the finalists and celebrate the dynamic spirit of our community at an inspirational awards ceremony, as well as a fabulously fun cocktail party.
WHEN Thursday 29 September 2016, from 6:30pm
WHERE Ivy Ballroom, 330 George St, Sydney
COST $85 per person
Guests will enjoy:
- delicious canapés
- quality wines, beers, juices and soft drinks
- great entertainment
- a silent auction with $100,000 of items including luxury holidays, jewellery, art, furniture, homewares, electronic devices, unique experiences, 5-star dining, accommodation and entertainment packages.
Make your evening more fun by encouraging family members, friends, colleagues and business associates to come along and join in the celebrations.
Tickets are now sold out.
A big part of the evening is the amazing silent auction which this year features over$130,000 worth of products, services and unique experiences. This year’s auction is being sponsored by Chase Gallery and a range of their original lithographs, etchings and mixed media prints by the most celebrated artists of the modern era will be available including works by Marc Chagall, Salvador Dali, Pablo Picasso, Henri Matisse and Joan Miro among others.
To coincide with SBS’s upcoming broadcast of the Deep Water drama series and documentary about Sydney’s gay hate murders in the 1980s, a specially commissioned artwork by acclaimed Bondi photographer Eugene Tan of Aquabumps fame will also be auctioned, with the money raised going towards the construction of a planned memorial to the murder victims.
Some of the standout items at this year’s auction include:
- Luxury accommodation in Thailand, Bali and Port Douglas
- A yachting holiday in the Whitsundays
- Holiday packages in Queensland, the Central Coast and the Blue Mountains
- $5K of relationship development services from Beau Brummel Introductions
- $5K of cosmetic injectables from Millk Clinic
- Mardi Gras /Aurora Ball VIP Package
- Seiko Le Grand Sport watch
- Hardtail mountain bike from Aerredorama
- Pearl jewellery from The Stranded Pearl
- An Apple iPad
- Fitness Playground membership
- A Reserve tickets to a range of operas and concerts
- Designer furniture and home wares
- 5-star dining and entertainment packages
NOMINATE (ENTRIES CLOSED)
2015 Honour Award winners (photo courtesy of John McRae)
Community members are invited to nominate people or organisations they admire for the service they have provided or the contributions they have made, be they big or small.
Nominations are FREE and can be submitted in eight (8) categories:
- Arts and Entertainment
- Visual Arts (Cayte Latta Memorial Award)
- Health and Wellbeing
- Community Organisation
- Young Achiever
- Community Hero
A judging panel selects four finalists from the nominees in each category. Winners receive a range of gifts and all 32 finalists – as well as the first person who nominates them – receive a free ticket to the gala event.
(ENTRIES NOW CLOSED)
COMMUNITY AND EVENT PARTNERS
This year we’ve teamed up with some leading organisations who want to help make the Honour Awards a very special celebration of community spirit and service. We thank all our partners for their generosity and support.
- Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras
- Sydney Gay and Lesbian Business Association
- SX Magazine
- Foxtel Arts
- Glyde Health